Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

I appreciate you providing more detailed information, Ocean Equipment.

Allow me to step in for a moment and help you resolve the data issue you're getting in QuickBooks.

Ideally, once the credit memo and invoice are already closed (zero balance), it'll no longer show on the A/R Aging Detail report. Since this isn't the case on your company file, it would be a good idea to run the Verify/Rebuild tool.

This tool allows QuickBooks to self-identify data integrity issues that can cause unusual behaviors and resolve them. Follow the steps below on how to verify data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Choose Utilities.
  3. Select Verify Data.
    1.JPG
  4. Click OK when you see the message, QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.
  5. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you'll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
  6. Click Close or View Errors and take note of the specific error message.

Next, here's how to rebuild data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Choose Utilities.
  3. Select Verify Data.
    2.JPG
  4. Click OK if you receive a prompt to back up your company file.
  5. Click OK when you get the message, Rebuild has completed and proceed to the next step.
  6. Run Verify Data again to make sure there's no error.

After that, run the A/R Aging Detail report once again. It should already resolve the report issue. Otherwise, you have to try more steps on the Resolve data damage on your company file article.

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Just leave a comment below.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us