Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
FritzF

Reply to message

Hey there, @PattyV.

Thanks for letting me know about the error you're getting and for providing a screenshot. I'm here to help make sure you're able to back up your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) company file.

The error 194 usually occurs when the system detects a problem with the company file data. To get this sorted out, let's run the QuickBooks file doctor tool to repair the company file.

Here's how:

1. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor, then double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
2. The tool will open automatically. Use the drop-down list to find your company file.
3. Choose one of the following options:

• Both file damage and network connectivity: If you suspect your company file is damaged.
  • Network connectivity only: If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup.

4. Enter the Admin password when prompted, then Next.
5. You'll be prompted to select Host/Server or Workstation. It is important to make sure you pick the right option.
6. Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.

Once done, close the tool and reopen your company file and try to create a backup again to double-check. For additional information, check out these articles for further guidance:

That should get you fixed right up. Please comment below to let me know how it goes or if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be here to help. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us