Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi there, laurietilelli.

I'm glad you've reached out to the QuickBooks Community. Let me help share some insights about the customer statement in QuickBooks Desktop. 

The customer statement only shows the summary of your customer's account, listing recent invoices, credit memos, and payments received. To check which invoice payment was applied to, you'll need to pull up the Transactions List by Customer report.

Let me walk you through the steps:

1. At the top menu bar, click Reports.
  2. Go to Customers and Receivables.
  3. Select Transactions List by Customer
  4. Change the date range. 

You can also check this article on how to customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop

For additional reference, you can check this article: Create a billing statement

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support: 

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel. 
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Feel me in if you have additional questions about the customer statement. I'm always here to help. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us