Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
SophiaAnnL

Reply to message

I've got more steps to fix the error you're getting, Cassndra Phillips.

Error 6000, -82 indicates that there's an extra space after your company file name, and before the file extension. Another cause of this error is an incorrect set up of the computer to host multi-user access.

Before we begin with the recommended solutions, you'll need to update QuickBooks and run the QuickBooks File Doctor first.

Here's how to update release version:

1. Click Help at the top, and then select Update QuickBooks.
  2. On the Update QuickBooks window, go to the Update Now tab.
  3. Put a check mark in the box Reset Update box to erase all previous update downloads. This may increase the amount of time needed for the update.
  4. Select Get Updates.
  5. Restart QuickBooks. When prompted, accept the option to install the new release.

Once you're done with these steps, you can start troubleshooting the error. Here's an article for the complete steps: Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106 when opening or accessing the company file. Start with Solution 1 and see if it fixes the error. If the same thing happens, proceed with the remaining solutions.

You can always get back to me if you have more questions, or if the error persists. I'll keep an eye out for your reply. Thanks.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us