Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
FritzF

Reply to message

Hello there, @tracievh.

It's nice to see you here in the Community. I'm here to share some information about switching from QuickBooks Online (QBO) to QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for Mac.

Yes! There is a trial version, but it's only available on the Windows version. To successfully switch from QBO to Mac, you need to export the file to QBDT Windows then convert it to Mac. Here's how:

1. Export your data from Online to Desktop.
2. Convert the company file to Mac.
     a. Open the company file in QBDT for Windows.
     b. Re-sort lists, then rebuild and verify your data file.
     c. After that, go to File menu at the top, then pick Utilities and Copy Company File for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac on the drop-down.
     d. Save it and it'll create a file with the extension MAC.qbb.
     e. Copy it to a DVD, external hard drive, flash drive, or FTP web site.

Once done, restore the file in QBDT for Mac. Here's how:

1. In the No Company Open window, click Browse, then locate the file you want to restore.
2. Select OK when you get the prompt asking if you want to restore a QuickBooks Desktop for Windows file and enter a name.
3. Choose Save.

For your reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Export data file from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Mac.

That should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes or if I can be of additional assistance. I'm only a few clicks away if you have any follow-up questions. Take care and have a great rest of the day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us