Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi marynoakes,

Don't worry, I'm following what you're saying and can see how that would cause problems with your books. What Rochelley has mentioned above may work for you. A few other things to factor in are how your vendor settings have been configured. For instance, if this is only happening when you've chosen the vendor, it could be because the program is set to remember the last bill information you entered for them. This is QuickBooks' way of helping you save even a little bit of time, but I can see how this could cause some trouble if you want to change up the transaction. Check your settings by following these steps.

1. Choose Edit from the top menu bar.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Select General from the left menu.
  4. On the My Preferences tab, look for the Automatically Recall Information section.
  5. Uncheck the box for Automatically remember account or transaction information.
  6. Click OK to save these changes.

See if that makes a difference when you're entering your bills. The prompt Rochelley mentioned for class tracking can also be accessed in the Preferences, but in the Accounting menu under the Company Preferences tab.

If you're seeing the accounts populate in the Expenses tab without even entering a vendor name, I recommend giving our phone support team a call at the number Wassim gave previously. I've tried several times in my own test company file and am not having this happen, so there may be something that needs to be addressed. To troubleshoot, you can try checking for data damage before calling in. In any case, I think it would be beneficial for us to see what you have happening.

I hope that helps! Stop by again if you need anything else.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us