Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

You've come to the right place, calicoellie.

It would be my pleasure to share some insight on how to invoice your realtors and get you on the right track.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Based on what you've mentioned, you could set them up as customers so you can invoice them for their monthly fees. Let me walk you through the steps on how you can do it:

1. From the Customers menu, select Customer Center.
  2. Click the New Customer & Job drop-down menu, then New Customer.
  3. Enter the name of the customer.
  4. Click OK and repeat these steps for the other realtors.

After creating their profile and you're still in the Customer Center window, here's how to enter an invoice:

1. Click the New Transactions drop-down menu.
  2. Select Invoices.
  3. Enter the Date and Invoice number.
  4. Fill in the following information on these fields:
    - Item Code: Click the drop-down arrow, then choose the right service item. If you don't have one yet, then select Add New and set it up.
    - Amount: Enter the monthly fee amount.
  5. Click Save & Close.

Just a heads up, another way to apply their payment is to enter it as a deposit if they write you a separate check. Here's how you can record it:

1. From the Banking menu, select Make Deposits.
  2. Enter the Date and the necessary details in the following fields:
    - Received From: Enter the name of the realtor.
    - From Account: Choose the correct Income Account.
    - Memo, Chk No, Pmt Method, and Class: You can leave these fields blank. Although, if these details are necessary, then you may go ahead and enter them.
    - Amount: Total amount of their monthly fee.
  3. Click Save & Close.

For more information about these processes I would recommend following these articles:

That should do it! I'm confident that with these resources you'll be able to invoice your realtors for their monthly fees like a pro in no time.

You're always in good hands here in the Community. If you need more help with this please don't hesitate to reach out to me again. Wishing you and your business all the best.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us