Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
annstephens
Level 3

Reply to message

I'm replying to each of the 3 of you individually who gave me good information...

1) I have created PayPal as a "bank" account as well as my regular checking account and my savings account, so i have 3 accounts to which money will be deposited.

2) As a nonprofit, I was advised earlier that I do not use from home (icon) screen I should NOT use "Receive Payments" bc that is for payment of items that were invoiced or that we sell.

3) I was advised for a nonprofit, in order to be sure their donation is properly recorded, I should use the home screen icon "Donations" (Sales Receipt) and then record customer info so they'll be credited in the reports and on that screen there is no place to choose the account (Checking or PP, etc) - i just choose the Item I've created - Donations... so I did that for the PP donations as well choose Items > Donation.

4) When I go to Make Deposits these donations are listed and I compile them into a deposit to the bank. The donations made to PP are listed just like the banking Donations but there is no place on the "Payments to Deposit" screen to choose to deposit them to PP.

5) I understand that as any point that we're ready to move the money from PP to checking, I can do a bank transfer but confused about how to handle donations that are made to PP and sit there until i transfer the total PP amount into our checking account.

Please let me know where in this process I am off track.

Thank you,

Ann

Need to get in touch?

Contact us