Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hey there, @djagiella

I'm here to help you get up and running with your new QuickBooks 2018 edition. I have some steps I'd like you to take to verify everything is set up properly with your terms. Even though you have the 90-day term set, it could be the term itself is not set properly for 90 days, or you might need to Rebuild your data. First I'll have you verify the term. Here's how: 

• In the upper left-hand corner, select Lists.
  • Click Customer & Vendor Profile Lists.
  • Choose Terms List.
  • Find your Net 90 term, right-click it and select Edit Term
  • Make sure the parameters are set (for a Net 90 term, the Standard bubble should be selected and in Net due in should say 90).
  • Click OK to save your changes.

Pull up an invoice once more. If you're still seeing the past due stamp, I recommend Rebuilding your data. Here's how:

Note: it is highly recommended you perform these steps on the computer hosting the company file.

• In the upper left-hand corner, go to File, and then Utilities.
  • Select Rebuild Data.
  • QuickBooks will ask to close all windows. Click OK.
  • The program will inform you it needs to run a backup before it can Rebuild the data. Click OK again.
  • On the next window, select Options.
  • Click Browse... to pick where the file should be saved (you can save it on your desktop).
  • Choose No verification, and click OK to continue.
  • Pick Use this Location, and then select Next
  • Click Next again, and save the file. 
  • Once the backup is finished, the Rebuild will run.

Once the Rebuild is finished, try creating a new invoice to see if the issue is still persisting. If it is, I've attached a helpful article with additional steps to troubleshoot data damage in your file. You can find that here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501314-resolve-data-damage-on-your-company-file .

Should you want to work with an agent directly, I've also included a link to the Contact Us page: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact . If you have any questions for me, leave a comment below so I can get back to you.

View solution in original post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us