Did you mean: 
Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Rochelley
Level 8

Export report to Excel on new computer

I just started using a new computer this week.  For reasons too numerous to get into, the management has kept us on Microsoft Office 2010.  No problem, I can live with that.  But this new computer came preloaded with all the 'new' Microsoft Office apps.  They were causing me problems so I uninstalled all of the pre-loads and installed Office 2010 from a CD.

Now it's the first time this week that I have tried to export a report to Excel, and I can't do it.  It immediately opens a window asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account and to type in a license for the 'new' Excel.  First of all, it is uninstalled and I can't even find it on my machine anywhere.  So how is Quickbooks connecting to this version of Excel and trying to force me to use it?  If I say no, and exit out of all these Excel windows, Quickbooks gives me a message and says that Excel was terminated outside of Quickbooks, therefore it couldn't export the report.  ARGGHHH!

See attached for shot of window that comes up.

How do I get Quickbooks to export to Excel 2010 and not the 'non-existent' newer version of Excel? 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us