Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
accounts63
Level 3

Reply to Message

Hi James,

Yes you're along the right lines. I don't have a problem paying off the suppliers on QB, but I can't then produce a report which I can use to physically pay them. I'll explain my problem in more details if that helps.

Currently, to pay by BACS, I go to 'Pay Bills' on QB and tick off all the bills I wish to pay. At month end this could be up to 30 suppliers. I then have to create a text file consisting of each supplier's name, account number, sort code, amount payable and date. This is very time consuming and prone to errors. I then use this file to physically pay by BACS through other software.

There is a report I use for paying employees by BACS called 'BACS Report' under the reports tab. This report has an employee on each row with all the details needed. It is easy to customise and I've never had a problem with it. So I need to know if there is an equivalent report for suppliers.

I've had a look at the 'Transaction list by supplier' report you suggested, but it doesn't show the bank details of the supplier and also breaks down each payment into individual bills, rather than a total amount.

You suggest putting the bank details in the memo/description box - would this mean I have to put it on every bill? It is already possible to enter the supplier's bank details in the 'edit supplier' section - why would this there if I can't bring that info into a report?

Thanks for your help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us