Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Rustler
Level 15

Reply to message

@ljfd wrote:

I have 2018 quickbooks desktop pro.  Is there an add on module or something to record fixed assets and calculate the associated depreciation schedules?  Everything I have come across looks like I would need to buy quickbooks accountant premier version, which is $$$ every year.

When you go to purchase premier in the US, down at the bottom in pricing is this statement

Want to buy QuickBooks Accountant Desktop without a ProAdvisor membership,
or need to purchase for multiple desktop users? Call [removed]

What you did was buy a subscription, joined the pro advisor program which includes an annual update to QB, a newer version in other words

if you call and order it withOUT the pro advisor membership it is a flat price, and will be supported for 3 years for incremental updates.  After 3 years it still works fine, with the exception of any online connections to banking, payroll, etc.  So at worst, you buy it every 3 years

all my FA are under the parent account, a balance sheet allows me to collapse the sub accounts showing just the sum total as fixed assets.  Once a year I bring up a memorized summary journal entry, and if necessary  edit any values that need it, and save.  Compound journal entry, depreciation expense, and then all accumulated depreciation accounts.  Quick and easy.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us