Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply to message

Hi, @VCOfficeManager.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I can help share some details about item lists and classes in QuickBooks Desktop.

The item lists in QuickBooks are what you sell or buy and are used on all customer transactions. It provides a quick means for data entry and shows up as a line on an invoice or other sales forms. Let me route you this article for more information: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Inventory-and-projects/Add-edit-and-delete-items/td-p/201687.

Classes are used to give you a means of adding a second dimension to your data classification. A common application of classes is to track multiple locations for the same business. This will be helpful when running a financial report for your entire company since you can easily filter your report to segregate the transactions by class.

You can always use the same name for your list items and classes, however, they have a different and separate function when generating your financial reports. 

To know more about class tracking in QuickBooks, you can check out this helpful blog: How to Use Class Tracking in QuickBooks.

Please keep me posted if you have other questions about items and classes. I'll be here to help in any way I can.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us