Did you mean:Β 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hey there, @Ir4, @iecnecaspokane.

I'd like to pass along some information that can potentially shed light on this issue you're encountering with exporting reports to Excel. I want to make sure your computer is compatible with the version of Excel you are using. I've attached a link to the system requirements for QuickBooks for Mac 2016 here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502399-system-requirements-for-quickbooks-2016-and-enterprise... . When you get a chance, please review this and verify that your system meets these requirements. If your system does meet the minimum system requirements for compatibility, you might have an issue with the installation of Excel, or potentially with the QuickBooks Installation. To verify that the issue doesn't lie with QuickBooks, I recommend performing a Clean Install. Here's how:

Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:

• Close down QuickBooks.
  • From the Finder menu, click Go.
  • Choose Applications.
  • Click and drag the QuickBooks icon to the Trash.

Remove QuickBooks PLIST files:

Note: The PLIST files from the User folder as well as the System folder will need to be removed. Removing these PLIST files will change all preferences back to the default settings, which could cause the product to become unregistered.

>User PLIST:

• While on your desktop, from the Finder menu, select Go.
  • Hold down the Option key, then click on Library.
  • Open the Preferences folder
  • Locate the PLIST files with QuickBooks and your version in the name and move them to the Trash.
    Note: Delete everything containing β€œcom.intuit.QuickBooks20XX”
  • Empty the Trash.

>System PLIST:

• From a new Finder window or the icon on the desktop, open the Macintosh HD.
  • Go to Library > Preferences folder.
  • Locate the PLIST files with QuickBooks and your version in the name and move them to the Trash.
    Note: Delete everything containing β€œcom.intuit.QuickBooks20XX”
  • Empty the Trash.

Once the above steps are completed, you will restart your computer and reinstall QuickBooks. I've attached the link for reinstalling QuickBooks for Mac here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502368-install-and-set-up-quickbooks-mac-desktop . If you are still having issues with exporting reports, I recommend searching for steps online to repair Excel or contact Microsoft directly for assistance. Let me know your outcome after trying these steps. I look forward to hearing back from you both.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us