Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hey there, @Dav.

Allow me to share additional insight into the Inventory Stock Status By Item report. The report shows any and all inventory statuses that would affect quantity on hand for an item. This includes "to be built" and "pending builds" for assemblies.

You're right in stating the "to be built" will later increase the available quantity, however, because these items have not been completed, the assemblies are not yet available. "To be built," like "pending builds," refers to anything that has not yet been finished, but in this case has been noted as being sold in the future. In addition, similar reports may show differently, as they gather and organize the same data, but for different purposes.

The point you're trying to make is not lost on me, however. I also see how this can be beneficial to a business to not have "to be built" included with the other data. What I've gone ahead and done for you, is submit feedback to the Product Development team to have them take a look at this. Even though QuickBooks 2019 has already been rolled out, it's not too late to have your voice heard, and this is the best way to go about that.

I hope this helps to clear up any questions about the Inventory Stock Status By Item report. Should you have any further inquiries about this or anything else QuickBooks, don't hesitate to reach out to me here in the Community!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us