Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Thanks for letting me know, @StephC1.

Allow me to step in and help provide some update about using Summarize Payroll Data in Excel issue in QuickBooks.

I understand it can get frustrating to have your issues at repeated occurrences. I've checked the investigation status about this issue, and it still in progress. Rest assured that our engineers are investigating and working on an immediate fix.

While we're continuing to work on resolving this issue, as a workaround, let's run the payroll report from previous quarters. Then, when asked to update select Yes, and it is able to pull all the data correctly.

If that does not work, let's process troubleshooting steps which to clean install of QuickBooks and Excel for possible fixes. To do this, you can follow the detailed steps in these articles:

I also encourage you to get in touch with our Customer Support Team to add your account to the list of affected users. This way, you'll be notified of any updates on the progress on the investigation via email. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

I appreciate your patience as we work through this. If you have other questions about exporting reports, please let me know. I'll be around to help you out. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us