Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
cfoster73
Level 3

Reply to message

I agree!  I attempted to go back to desktop, however while the customer can convert their data from desktop to online, it does not allow us to convert the data from online to desktop.  So you are at the mercy of support to do this transition for you.  I had them do mine....could not work for 3 days while they were doing it.  In a small business where I am the sole office/accounting/HR staff that is hard to do.  Anyway, after the conversion I went to Quickbooks desktop and uploaded the file they sent me thinking I would probably have to perform some tweaks here and there.  NOPE!  Since we use multiple currencies, EVERYTHING that was paid out in a foreign currency (although it was converted in my original file to the USD amount) was entered in the desktop as the FOREIGN CURRENCY AMOUNT.  I would have had to go back and change 4 years of foreign transactions to the USD amount.  After 3 days being down, I had no time for that and have not had the time to devote calling back in once again and going through whatever is necessary for them to fix it.  Its like once you sign up for the online, you are held, hostage.  These days with cloud storage, the online really isn't necessary considering you can just save a back up to a cloud server/drive and pull it from anywhere.  However, I wonder if after doing the online updates for the software, the payroll portion of the in order to perform Direct deposit which would be more economical?  With the payroll portion and the quickbooks advanced, I am paying $200 a month!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us