Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
King-Brown
Level 2

How to categorize Non-Inventory office and work equipment in the Item List that may be sold after replacing?

Hello, I need help setting up the names in the Non-Inventory Parts list for company equipment and software I sell to help cover replacement costs. I have sold cell phones, phone cases, Software / Operating system discs, GPS devices, computer hardware, routers, printers etc. Most items will be sold at a loss and some will have a profit if I got it free through a promotion or a deep discount.

What names is it best to use to track this type of inventory. I have three ideas but don't know which one is best for accounting and tracking purposes.

1) Enter each item individually but I run the risk of the item not being salable afterwards.

2) Enter each item under a special category like Computer (computer/software/hardware), Communications (cell phone/office phone/cases), Peripherals (printer/modem/router), Vehicle (GPS/equipment). These are items I eventually have to replace but don't know if it's necessary for selling, profit or tracking purposes as they may serve for more than 2 years.

3) Enter everything under 2 categories Office Equipment and Work Equipment and call it the day.

Thanks you for taking the time to read this as I have learned from reading your other posts.

Solved

Need to get in touch?

Contact us