Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Welcome back to the Community, @pradervr. I have a few clarifying questions to ask you before I get started. The "bill to" field you added; was it created as an additional field for the line items or a separate box entirely? This could explain why no data is printing, even though you've entered information to the field. Also, by default, there is a "bill to" box which will automatically populate from the customer's profile. 

However, this could be due to data damage, or maybe a malfunction with the program itself. Either way, I've got you covered regardless of the situation. If it is related to data damage, you have a couple of tools at your disposal: The rebuild and verify data utilities. In the event you haven't had to use these before, they are automated diagnostic utilities that comb through, repair, and notify you of data damage within the file. They're simple to use, too. Here's how:

Run the Rebuild Data utility:

• Go to File, then select Utilities Rebuild Data.
  • On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
  • Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Run the Verify Data utility:

• Go to File, then select Utilities Verify Data.
  • If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  • Should the Verify find an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then perform the steps below.

For your reference, here is an article that can help you further with troubleshooting potential data corruption: Resolve data damage on your company file.

After performing these steps, try printing your invoices once more. If data damage was causing the issue, it should be resolved now. If by chance your "bill to" box is still not printing with data, there may be something wrong with the program. When troubleshooting the software itself, you have a couple of options available. What I recommend to try first is running the PDF Repair tool. This is a program supplied by Intuit that, when used, can fix issues with printing. Here's where to find it and how to run it:

Download and Run the QuickBooks PDF Repair tool

• Download and run the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool.

• Once the tool completes, try printing your invoice again.
  • If the error still occurs, please try rebooting your computer and then try again. If it still fails, try resetting your temp folder permissions
  • Check the folder permissions to the TEMP folder:
    • Press the Windows key + R to open the RUN command.
    • Type %TEMP% and press Enter.
    • Right-click an empty area of the temp folder, and choose Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Ensure all usernames and groups showing on the Security tab have Full Control.
    • Once the permissions have been set to Full Control, try printing the invoice again within QuickBooks.

For your reference, here is an article with additional steps for troubleshooting this: Resolve Problems Printing. Also, if you're still having trouble with data not appearing when printing, you can try a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program. This process clears temporary files from your computer relating to Premier Desktop 2018, which could be causing info to not show or print properly. If you'd like to read more on this, follow this link here

When you have the chance, please take a look at how this "bill to" field was entered into QuickBooks. If you give the steps I've recommended a try, please be sure to keep me informed of any developments that may arise. Should you have any questions about this or anything else QuickBooks, don't hesitate to seek me out here in the Community. I'll be here on standby, awaiting your response. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us