cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Re: How can I record an adjustment for B&O tax to January when I don't owe any sales tax so t...

Hi there, @tjkirk,

The Record Tax Payment is grayed out since you have no sales tax owed this year.

The amount showing on the Original Sales Tax Payable is the tax you owed last year. To resolve this, you can toggle to the previous year and record your payment.

You can also write a check however, it will not appear in the recent sales tax payments table below. What you need to do is edit each transaction that is part of the Original Sales Tax Payable amount. For each transaction you'll need to:

1. Remove the current sales tax Line item.
  2. Select the replacing sales tax item as the bottom of the invoice.
  3. Click Save.

Once transactions are re-associated, you need to make a journal entry. This is to move the liability from the current sales tax liability account to the original liability account.

To learn more on how to record sales tax payments, you can go through this article: Manage sales tax payments.

That will fix this right up. Let me know how everything goes by leaving a comment below. I'm always around whenever you have follow-up questions.