In a world of ever-changing brands and brand loyalty, it is vital that the existing brands keep their customers happy and satisfied. Books, websites, experts on the subject offer scores of advice on how to keep your customers happy.
Instead of getting submerged under the deluge of such counsel, why not have a ready-reckoner for yourself and your business on Good Customer Service?
Enumerating below the so-called 10 Commandments of good Customer Service that will surely help you crack the code and get into a roaring relationship with your customers:
1. Know your customers’ expectations: Take steps to understand what the customer wants from you, and half your battle will be won. Judge the customers’ expectations and demands so that you can tailor-make the solution/service.
2. Take your Customers’ Feedback: Remember, taking regular feedback from your customers is crucial to your business’s existence. Not only does this make the customer feel important, but this also gives you the right insight into what they think about your products. Thus improvisations can be made aptly and in time. You can make use of online forms receive feedback, or call your customers to know how far have you satisfied them.
3. Keep everything simple for your customers to understand: Most people avoid calling up the customer-care offices because of the complicated systems that exist to register complaints. As a result, although you have a customer care service system, the customers do not avail of this service. Therefore, keep your system as simple as dialing 1 2 3 using keys.
4. Be ready to accept complaints and take them as challenges: The best way to deal with complaints is to accept them and work on them. Quick redressal of complaints will not only pleasantly surprise your customer, it will also build confidence.
5. Train your staff to deal with the customers with patience and care: Adequately train your staff so that they know how to converse with the customers — patience, empathy, and promise of redressal should be their guiding light. They should be able to calm irate customers while taking all-out measures to address the complaint.
6. Value your customers’ essential time: Make sure that your complaint registration and redressal process takes minimal time so that you don’t end up wasting your client’s time. He will appreciate you for it!!!
7. Keep your commitments for sure: If you make promises to your customers, keep them at all costs. If you say that you are available for your customers 24*7, then make sure that you are available all the time; that you would get the product delivered in a day then let it be a day or less. If you offer discounts on your products, be clear about your policies on the offers.
8. Go with the trend and market: Bring changes in the way you work according to the demand of the customers. Survey and study the market, the bend of people’s minds. Do a SWOT analysis — The better you know your business, the better will the service you provide to your customers be.
9. Stand in the shoes of your customers: Test your product, your services putting yourself into the shoes of your customer. This is the best way to assess the tastes and the mind-sets of the customers and address the problems they face.
10. Make the customers respect you equally: It’s a two-way street and mutual respect for each other goes a long way in securing a healthy relationship with customers. Follow these commandments in letter and spirit and the most coveted Cs – Customer Confidence – will be yours!!!