Are you struggling to bring your previous financial records in QuickBooks? Are you worrying that your previous data will be lost while switching to QuickBooks? No, not at all. QuickBooks “Import data” feature enables you to bring your previous financial data easily in QuickBooks. Learn in this blog how to do it:
- Log in to QuickBooks
- Select the “Gear icon” on top right and select “Import data” (see below screenshot) under “Tools”
- Select ‘Chart of Accounts’ from the Import Data screen. (see screenshot below)
- ‘Import Account Window’ Opens up. ‘Download a sample file’ to get an idea on the data template that you need to prepare using your previous account data.
The downloaded sample accounts data looks like this:
- Seeing the sample file format and data fields, prepare your previous account data in the same format. Once it is ready, save the file. Click ‘Browse’ to select the ‘file to upload’ (note: to upload, the file format should be .xls or .csv). Click Next.
- ‘Map data’ window appears. Once you map all the fields, fields appear with green tick box next to it. This means fields have been mapped after careful checking. Click Next.
In the import window, you find a few fields mentioned under ‘type’ and ‘detail type’ are not correctly mapped and these are highlighted in ‘Red’
- Update the fields highlighted in red until all turn green.
- Now click ‘import’ and you will get a message mentioning 5 of 5 accounts have been imported successfully.
So, why waiting? Import your previous chart of accounts data today in QuickBooks by following the above steps quickly.