Are you struggling to bring your previous financial records in QuickBooks? Are you worrying that your previous trial balances will be lost while switching or migrating to QuickBooks? No, not at all. QuickBooks “Import data” feature enables you to bring your previous trial balances easily in QuickBooks. Learn in this blog how to do it:
- Log in to QuickBooks
- Select the “Gear icon” on top right and select “Import data” (see below screenshot) under “Tools”
- Select ‘Trial Balance’ from the Import data screen. (see screenshot below)
- ‘Import Trial Balances’ window opens up. Go through the checklist and read the instructions first before you import. ‘Download a sample file’ to get an idea on what data can be imported so that you can prepare your previous trial balances data using the same format.
- The downloaded sample trial balances data looks like this:
- Seeing the sample file format and data fields, prepare your previous trial balances data in the same format. Once it is ready, save the file. Click ‘Choose File’ to upload. You will see the file has been uploaded – see the screenshot below. (note: to upload, the file format should be .xls or .csv and it shouldn’t have more than 1000 rows or shouldn’t be more than 2MB). Click ‘Continue’.
- ‘Match data fields’ window appears where you match your data field with QuickBooks online data fields. QuickBooks maps the data automatically – fields appear with green tick box next to it shows the mapping is successful. Click continue.
- In the review data window, mapped data fields are reviewed and error shows in case of the mismatch. See the below screenshot
- Click on ‘Error’ and you will find the mismatch issue.
- Now click the dropdown next to ‘Marketing Consultancy services’ and select Expenses -> Advertising / Promotional
- Now no more error pops up. Click ‘Import 5 records’. A message box will appear if we would like to import 5 records, click Ok.
- Import is successful and can be seen in the ‘Import summary’ step.
So, why waiting? Import your previous trial balances data today in QuickBooks!