Content Marketing has the fastest turnaround time to help your business build and generate quality leads online. With the best content strategy, your small business can develop great inbound sales methods and spread your brand’s message through the right channels. Here are five steps that will help create a good content marketing strategy:
- State your target audience and justify your content: Derive a content marketing strategy based on your objective and need. Ensure that you understand your target audience and create content that creates a value for your small business. This will help in projecting your products and services as per your customers’ need. E.g. If your business has an app or website that provides easy delivery of goods and services, then create content that allows the user to learn about the different advantages they can experience when they order online.
- Generate buyer personas: Reach out to your target audience by creating buyer personas and develop a profile for each client. This includes key data that your buyers will relate to and where your content team creates and writes as per the specific requirement. Marketing jargon must be reduced to a bare minimum to enable your content to appeal to your target personas. Generate your content based on user demographics so that your content is identifiable for the audience consuming it.
- Take advantage of Stakeholder Support: If your small business needs to maintain a long-term commitment to your clients then your small business must work on content collaboration and engagement. The content team must understand the business thoroughly and sell your business propositions to clients with the right amount of budgeting. Understand all of the client’s goals and pain points that relate to your small business and this will help your team find the right tact to grow your business.
- Relate to your Audience: Learn about your target audience’s purchase patterns through market research. Your Small Business must educate, entertain and inform your clients to earn their trust. To develop this, the content team must enhance stakeholder commitment and participation. This is achieved by identifying your client’s prospects and customers, purchase decisions and gaps in order to reach your objectives. Map your buyer’s preferences and likes and develop content accordingly and identify gaps.
- Visualise and Plan Content Calendar: Use tools, case studies, solution briefs and whitepapers to add to your content calendar by reviewing topics of discussion and implementing them. Ensure that you bring awareness, consideration, interest and purchase intent in your content and design. Audit and evaluate your existing content and develop a content matrix on an Excel document.
The goal of your content marketing team should be to increase brand awareness across specific verticals and markets. These five points will help you boost your content marketing strategy and help you reach the right markets with the right message.