Congratulations on setting up your own business. Now that you’ve crossed the milestone of setting things up, there are numerous things that need your attention. You are most likely to feel overwhelmed with the innumerable list of things to do on an everyday basis. In all the pressure and time crunch, one part of the business is often sidelined and ignored - marketing.
When you’ve spent your time and effort into setting up a business and creating a product or service, isn’t it equally important you take your idea to the people in your locality? Marketing, when done right can boost your business growth exponentially. More specifically, digital marketing could be a perfect choice for small business owners (SBO) like you who have constraints in budget and time.
The Manifest 2019 Small Business Digital Marketing Survey shows that 35% of small businesses are more likely to invest in digital marketing in the coming years. Here’s a low-down on how you can use digital marketing to promote your business, generate valuable leads and improve your sales and profits.
Know your audience and set your goals:
- Chart out your target audience
- Research on your audience’s behaviour patterns
- Set a vision for your product or service based on your target audience
- Ensure the vision for your product or service addresses the major pain points of your target audience.
A well-defined target audience and clear vision will help set direction to your marketing strategy.
Develop intuitive websites:
First impressions go a long way in creating a lasting mark in the user’s mind. A website is the face of your small medium enterprise on the internet.
- Have a website that is not too content heavy
- Ensure use of engaging visuals as part of the content
- Design simple, obvious navigation to the web pages.
- Did you know that on an average, companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month than those without? A well-written business blog could be your ticket to gaining popularity and attention from a larger industry audience.
- Showcase your work and expertise by means of engaging and visual blogs to lure more leads into connecting with you for business.
Create company pages on social media channels:
Social media is where the crowd is. We are living in an age where everything is digital.
- Create pages on various social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Put up interesting social media posts and trigger an interest in your audience to check you out online
- Create targeted ads on these platforms to reach a broader audience and introduce your brand to your immediate locality.
Maintain an email subscription list:
- An email list could well be your treasure trove that can open unknown goldmines for small business owners like you.
- This is your sure shot plan to increase your leads. Invest time and effort in creating visually engaging and informative emailers to gather your contacts attention.
You may not be in a position to put in your effort and time into all the points listed above, but it will pay to start off with some of them to stamp your brand identity in your locality.