Previously we have discussed How To Engage Your Audience On Social Media, in this post you can read about how to use Pinterest for your business. While you may not think of Pinterest as a serious business platform, you cannot ignore it as it receives huge traffic from consumers from all over the world. It helps a business build its brand awareness without any marketing and PR activity.
If you are new to Pinterest, it is advisable to take a few minutes to understand how Pinterest works before you start putting up photos and videos on your profile. Here are some ideas that will help you get started and plan content on Pinterest.
1. Research: Get on to your competitor’s profiles and browse through the content for inspiration. Every profile needs to be unique and distinct, but it is always good to know what others are doing and if it is working for them.
2. Remember the objective: Pinterest is a kind of platform, which can get you carried away and you might even lose track of your objective of getting on to it. Business profiles on Pinterest are there for an important purpose – to build brand awareness and sell your product.
3. Promote: Promote your product/service in all the posts that you make, but remember not to be too blatant in your posts. The communication should be subtle and the design should be visually stunning. People will only pin it if the content looks interesting and visually pleasing, hence find a resource with good design sense to enhance the images.
4. Popular posts: There are some posts like teasers, how-to posts, Infographics and videos, which get highest engagement and pins from users. Make sure your profile covers a variety of themes to generate traffic.
5. Website: Link your posts to your website, this way you can divert traffic to your website and the users will be able to get more information about your business.
6. Generic content: Even though the main objective of a Pinterest profile for you is to promote your product, but you can occasionally pin images and videos that are interesting. You can create a separate board for such activity so that it does not interfere with your objective. This will give the users a variety of content to browse through and not just your promotional posts. It could also work as a gateway to your Pinterest identity.
7. Analysis: What might have worked for others might not work for you. You must track your post’s traffic and engagement regularly. This way you will be able to alter your content strategy based on the user’s preference.
There is no point sticking to your strategy if it is not getting any engagement, hence analyze the content and edit it accordingly. It is quite easy to use Pinterest once you get a hang of it. It can be a great way of marketing your brand to your audience without any expenditure.
Get started as soon as possible, and remember to customize your strategy according to your business needs and requirement.