Small businesses can create innumerable ways to think of marketing strategies but there should be a balance between creativity and sticking to tried and tested creative marketing strategies. You should know how to develop creative marketing collaterals that grab attention and captures new customers in the process.
The best way to put your creativity to the test is by ensuring that they meet the marketing strategies in a way that will boost customer relations and improve sales. Here are a few tips to master creative marketing:
1. Get the most of your handles: Ensure that you can post your social media handles in as many places as possible to gain visibility. Add them to your slideshows, presentations and when you are conducting or chairing sessions at conferences. Another great way to push your handle is by adding it to your business cards or email signature. Ensure that you create a live feed on your website to boost your reach and conversations with your customers.
2. Talk to the experts: Let your audience learn about you through industry thought leaders and then, gather shared responses and publish as a blog post. This will help your business online with a boost to your PageRank and your visibility online. Learn what kind of content is best suited for these interviews and blogs and read other blogs to get ideas on what works and does not. In time, when you share your opinions, there will be a chance that you will gain followers who will share and publicize your write-ups.
3. Create Listicles: The best way to get customers to enjoy your marketing strategies is to develop lists. Lists or Listicles can be in the form of articles and also in the forms of SlideShare posts that help you stand out when they become searchable. Lists are easy to read quickly and help readers to simply scan through your articles. Content strategies revolve around creating a mix of quick, easy and accessible pieces of content and long format articles. Similarly, this can lead to an increase of traffic to your webinars and indirectly channel viewers to read your business’s whitepapers.
4. Review your competition through social tabs: With Facebook, you can simply follow your competitors’ pages by selecting the ‘Pages to Watch’ feature. With this, you can track the total shares and likes and learn from your competition about what works and take advantage.
5. Think of unusual ways to sponsor: There are certain types of sponsorship opportunities that you can capitalize on. Here you can sponsor specific regions that can give you a good amount of mileage in terms of Return on Investment. An example of this is how a large conglomerate sponsors the London Eye.
6. Create a Photo and Video Contest: Challenge your customers with Photo and Video Contests that revolve around your customers and their understanding of your company. These competitions are easy as people with an Instagram account that follow your theme.
There is a good way to build on user-generated content that can be re-used and re-purposed in several places. In terms of the video competition as compared to the photo competition, the number of contestants may be fewer but the content will be of a higher quality. It is imperative to note that the kind of content that is created would we immensely valuable to the business at later stages.
This form of competition is a great way to know how your audience understands your business and helps in creating strong collateral that is ready to be leverage to boost your business. Creative Marketing has come a long way in ensuring that your small business can develop new ways to capture audience and customer attention.
This provides you with the unique opportunity to build your business through channels that are unique to the business and how your business is perceived externally. The main factor of creative marketing is that it will improve your company’s performance and better the return on investment.