The festive season is the time when small businesses face stiff competition to draw clients to their business. Whether they are your loyal customers or prospects, everyone has the same thing in mind — “Why should I visit this retailer”? Businesses, therefore, have to walk that extra mile to give the best customer service if they want to make the most of the holiday season. Here are a few ideas for enticing potential customers to do their Christmas shopping at your business rather than go elsewhere.
• Greet them personally: Whether the buyer is visiting your brick and mortar store or buying from your online shop, your focus should be only one — “GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE”!!! It is the life-blood for any business.A hearty ‘Merry Christmas’ or a Happy New Year’ will go a long way as he enters or leaves the shop will go a long way. You could incorporate applications on your website where on clicking, a user is greeted with similar greetings.
• Send a nice big postcard: A postcard is an easy and effective means for a brand-recall — send them to existing customers letting them know about your new and upcoming events, products or services. The cost of sending this colorful postcard is negligent and gives the feel-and-touch which serve to get and keeping customer attention.
• Send a gift to your existing clients and prospects: Sending well-wrapped gifts with personalized messages to your loyal customers will ensure that they feel special. Your personal touch might just secure his loyalty!!! Why not send them gift cards through customer loyalty programs. Thus boosting your sales.boost to your sales.
• Decorate your shop: Your store should be well lit and decorated with the festive season in mind. The entrance visible to the passersby should be done well so that it can lure the customers to the store. It should not be too much or too little. The paraphernalia should be eye-catching with the essence of your business and the products you specialize in. So haul the lights and holly and put your buyers in festive, spending mood.
• Organize A‘SALE’ with discounts: All retailers go out of their way to offer discounts to captivate the shopper’s attention. So make sure that the discounts offered by you are better than others; of course, it should not be at the cost of your profit. You can perhaps go for one big bargain a day. Try offering 30% or more discounts on one popular item on a particular day.
Party: Make the year-end party thrown by you a promotional event. Business mixed with pleasure will surely buy you some customers. You can organize games and give away your products as gifts. Also, at these parties exhibit your new products to your clients. This way you could win yourself, prospective customers.
• Free transport or delivery: Last but not least, all shoppers are attracted if they are able to save on delivery charges. You could offer free delivery of items if the total shopping crosses a certain amount. Shopperswill is happy to spend a little extra in order to get free delivery. So as the calendar year nears its end, make the most of the Christmas shoppers to heighten your sales so that your business in New Year opens with a BANG!!!