India is at a pivotal phase in the entrepreneurial arena. IvyCamp founded by Dr. Anju Gupta, is a cohesive Entrepreneur Ecosystem designed to create intellectual capital and innovation across India’s Educational Institutions. Anju is passionate about nurturing/mentoring students to explore their potential to the fullest and is strongly committed to driving IvyCamps efforts to support and build out the next generation of entrepreneurs. We chat with Anju about the Venture. An Excerpt from the Interview:
- What made you start your venture?
A couple of things – I’d just moved back to India after 15 years in the US and was raring to do something different and something on my own, I was passionate about working with young people (students and young alumni), wanted to make a difference in a way I knew I could add value , and wanted to create something new.
- What has been the key to your business’s success?
We are still in early stages so I can’t say we are successful. But we have gained a lot of traction – this is for a few reasons:
- We are the only platform of its kind that leverages the power of the global alumni networks – tapping into the alumni passion takes the level of mentoring and support to a different level
- We are the only platform aiming to connect the educational institutions and their resources for entrepreneurship and innovation
- India is at a very interesting phase where young entrepreneurs and innovators are taking more and more of a leap of faith into their ventures and just need the right support and commitment to take them to keep them committed, & confident to move to the next level of their venture
- What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
We deal with challenges every day. Some key ones are identifying and reaching out to the serious start-ups and innovators, identifying committed mentors (who will commit their time for working with the entrepreneurs), matching up the right start-ups/innovators with the right mentors/investors to ensure value generation all around.
- Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
Not really. This business is new to me so I am constantly learning from a variety of experts and advisors.
- Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
Social media and online meetings are technology we use daily.
- What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
Individual interactions, needs assessment, follow ups, incorporation of feedback and references form the core of our customer satisfaction strategy.
- What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?