Very attached to music themselves – Ashish was a drummer in his school days, Abhay sang well and Akshay, a passionate music lover – they always longed for a better platform to showcase his talent. And following the maxim “one should be the change you want to see in the world”, the trio came together and started Lost Beat.
Lost Beat is a creative initiative that stems from the endeavours of this trio that believe in uncovering potential talent from unheard Solo/Band artists. Says Akshay, “Lost in a sea of people, a lot of musicians are found clueless and kept in the dark about what to do about their obvious talent for creating Music.
Thus, we are creating a platform for musicians by allowing them to connect to others.” Let’s hear what more he has to say about their labour of love, their belief ‘Your Music Your Identity’
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
Our passionate team working on the project is the key for crossing the milestones set-up and thus achieved. We, here at Lost Beat, believe that through our dedicated and passionate team, can think of achieving something big, facing the challenges in a more scrutinized and different way.
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
We did have our share of challenges and learned the most from them. – Since ours is a technical product, there is no end to improvisation. It is like finding something better as soon as you think you’ve made it good enough. So, we keep trying to keep pace with that.
– We were meticulous in making the website as user-friendly as possible, this took almost two years; patience, is what we learned through the process. – We are currently working towards expanding our marketing resources. Our industry is a saturated one. Thus, we will be facing a tough competition through our competitors.
Hence, we are focusing on NEW ways to target our market, thus, we thought if one had to bring in good content to a musical-something, no one could do it better than musicians themselves. So we launched an online journal, lostbeat.me. You can look at it as a kind of educational forum, where people can know more about musicians and the musicians can understand the concept of Lost Beat better.
Our strategy is to focus on the in-flux of people who associate with music professionally for the initial few months and then switch to getting attention from general users.
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
As of now, only the three of us are into decision making of the project. But, we would like a mentor who can guide us on experienced ways to target our market.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
Good Music content is our first priority. We are here to make a brand out of Musicians. To Lost Beat, branding is something which makes our life easier. Thus, we take regular feedback from our customers and improvisation is done on daily basis. – First, we will be targeting the Musicians to come to our website and thus marketing the venture well enough to reach out the potential costumers.
– Our next project is the launch of the second phase of the website. Our concept works on a two-tier plan, the online module has the website, and the offline module is where we organise shows for the bands and artists to perform in. As soon as the website picks up pace, we will begin skimming through the profiles online and will organise rock shows for the best bands.
This is a very important part of the concept and we look forward to it. – Also, we will soon be working towards penetrating the mobile industry. We are going to make Lost Beat mobile-compatible and will launch musical applications for iphone and android. We recently launched our online journal, lostbeat.me, we also aim at expanding it.
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
– Good leadership skills – Belief in yourself, even when no one believes you. That belief that YOU CAN DO IT, might work out well for you. – You need to be passionate enough to actually believe in your project and make people realize the necessity of your product.
Check out Lost Beat: • Website– www.lostbeatlive.com/LostBeat/login.aspx • Facebook – www.facebook.com/LostBeatLive