An Excerpt from the Interview:
• What made you start your venture?
The idea of PriceGenie was born in December 2012 through one of my personal experiences, where in I found there was a lot of scope for improvement in the online price comparison market.
• What has been the key to your business’s success?
For online price comparison sites, the key to success is to be able to provide your customers with good price discovery, show accurate results and show latest prices. We try to cover maximum categories and maximum websites to provide our customers with good product data to make their buying decisions.
• What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
Challenges range from marketing, maintaining product data, providing real time price data to our customer. We are constantly innovating to provide best data to our customers.
• Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?
No we are currently bootstrapped.
• Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
We use various technologies like Amazon Web Services, NodeJs, Mongo for PriceGenie. Specifically Amazon Web Services has helped us a lot for high data crunching at very low costs.
• What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?
In our field of price comparison, we mainly try to provide good price data to our customers for the product they are searching for. We are not directly able to measure customer satisfaction but we do take the feedback we get seriously. For expansion, we are using various channels like email marketing, Facebook and Google ads to expand our customer base.
• What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
1. Hard Work 2. Ability to think large and smart 3. Patience Visit their Website: http://pricegenie.co/ Like them on Facebook: PriceGenie