2016-09-26 00:00:00QuickBooks Business of the WeekEnglishhttps://quickbooks.intuit.com/in/resources/in_qrc/uploads/2017/05/Final.pnghttps://quickbooks.intuit.com/in/resources/quickbooks-business-of-the-week/featuring-workapps/Featuring WorkApps

Featuring WorkApps

3 min read

With the internet and new technology that evolves and transforms our lives every day, in the global economy, the way we work has been affected. WorkApps founders Rudrajeet Desai and MVS Murthy asked – Why should one go to work? Why can’t work come to you? While answering these questions, WorkApps was created to help individuals, teams, departments, divisions and organisations to digitise work and democratize work flow. We chat with the founders about the venture.

An excerpt from the interview:

 

  • What made you start your venture?

If you zoom out and examine the situation globally and as an economy, India, has now become a story of multiple cusps. We are at a demographic cusp – Gen X working with Millennials, geographic cusp – workforces coming from different parts of the country and internationally too, diversity at workplaces is strengthening the fabric of enterprises. This is a set up that lends itself to collaboration by default. That’s where we thought that WorkApps has a great opportunity to be India’s first Enterprise Work Collaboration.

  • What has been the key to your business’s success?

Ours is a perpetual business model viz. where there is work, there will be WorkApps. This ubiquitous universality of our business model ensures that clients want to meet, listen and evaluate. On a scale of 10, we have had a strike rate of 9 and that’s very good, considering that we are a start-up. The simplicity of our product has often ensured that prospects capture the gist on the fly and then learn the rest by running the next few slides or the product simulation itself – this for us has been the key to our success.

  • What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?

Ours is not an off the shelf service or product that you can buy by evaluating it on the basis of features – here too we stand out in comparison with what is available. WorkApps is more a philosophy rather than another tool. It has cultural implications and the culture is decided by one person – the CEO. If this key resource believes that speed, agility and sustainability are key ingredients for the business, its customers, employees, the shareholders and the organization as a whole will see value. So when you are operating at those levels, getting a discussion going is a challenge. It will be naïve to say that we have overcome – but yes, we have had reasonable success at the CXO level.

  • Do you have a mentor who guides/advices you on matters of the business?

Our investor Sashi Reddi and the SRI capital team, have enabled us to set up WorkApps as a global business model from day zero. Their contribution as mentors has been invaluable.

  • Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?

SaaS has been the backbone of our business and a huge amount of our technology has been built around it.

  • What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion?

WorkApps is truly a product co-created by our Customers with us. The point is that 60% of our product forms a robust collaboration foundation and the other 40% is where clients seek to stitch up their customization. This empowerment is what clients love and helps us acquire as well as deep sell with clients.

  • What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?

There have been three factors pivotal for our success -building a great team, creating a universal yet ubiquitous product and most important – clients, partners and influencers who are willing to pick your call for any help you seek.

Visit their website: https://www.workapps.com/

Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorkAppsInc

 

Information may be abridged and therefore incomplete. This document/information does not constitute, and should not be considered a substitute for, legal or financial advice. Each financial situation is different, the advice provided is intended to be general. Please contact your financial or legal advisors for information specific to your situation.

Related Articles

Co-Working Spaces: Work Your Way to Success

Starting up can be an exciting time and picking out your office…

Read more

Hiring Interns : Here’s Everything You Need to Know

Interns- just the word conjures up an image of young adults running…

Read more

Featuring Belly&Soul

An alumnus from IIMB, Belly&Soul founder Aparna George has extensive experience in…

Read more