An Excerpt from the Interview:
● What made you start your venture?
We saw a big gap in the market for baby products and started as a typical baby e-commerce venture selling branded baby products. But very soon we realized that standard stuff was also sold by Flipkarts and Amazons of the world and from there on we pivoted and started selling unique hand-made products made by Mom-premiers.
● What has been the key to your business’s success?
The key to our business success is the combination of super talented Mompreneurs and a nonintrusive platform. Mompreneurs know the pulse of the market and create merchandise that just sells and our platform makes the whole process from onboarding to delivery transparent to them.
● What are the major challenges in your line of business and how did/do you overcome them?
The challenge is to get discovered. We are solving this problem of discovery through:
1. Traditional channels like content marketing, social media marketing, etc.
2. Our Mompreneurs also doubles up as our evangelists and help us spread the word. E.g. every mom who sells on our platform also spreads the word to her network and hence the word of mouth is very strong for us.
3. The ecosystem of mompreneurs, mommy bloggers and customer moms helps us spread the word.
● Do you have a mentor who guides/advice you on matters of the business?
We believe ‘Life is too short to make all the mistakes’. We actively reach out to our mentors who are successful entrepreneurs themselves and greatly benefit from their experience.
● Have you benefitted from the use of any specific technology for your regular operations?
We have greatly benefitted from the following technologies/products, we hope the list can help other entrepreneurs to bootstrap fast and not make the same mistakes as we made:
● for Analytics ● Freshdesk for recording customer problems
● Knowlarity for routing customer calls
● Google Docs for Collaboration ● Google Forms – for various forms to automate processes and record data
● What strategy do you follow for Customer Satisfaction & Expansion? Customer Satisfaction
Our strategy for customer satisfaction is simple – foresee the problem before the customer sees it and fix it before the customer faces it. Some examples of how we implement this are:
1. Our customer calls are handled by stay-at-home Moms who are online shoppers themselves. Hence, when a customer calls the Moms not only understand their problems but also empathizes with them
2. We use a cloud-based ticketing system to make sure every call gets recorded.
We also do a weekly review of the customer issues recorded in the system and try to use technology to permanently fix them Customer Expansion 1. Channels like SEO, social media marketing 2. Unique products create a wow factor and thereby increasing word of mouth 3. We rely on Mompreneur evangelists to spread the word
● What, according to you, are the top 3 skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
We feel the top 3 skills are, in no specific order : ● Perseverance ● Out of box thinking ● Integrity Visit their Website: http://mybabycart.com/ Like them on Facebook: MyBabyCart.com