There are various ways to advertise your business in the real world but there are even more ways to do so on the Web. With the penetration of the internet and net services across the world and the country, more and more people get on the net to look for products and services around them. Advertising on the web is a great way to let people know about your small business.
Advertising on the web can cost a lot of money if you decide to have a flash banner or even a static banner on some popular websites that see lots of traffic. There are other ways to advertise which don’t require too much and these are the methods we will be looking at today.
• Create a Google Business Listing – This will allow your business to show up on Google searches when someone is searching for a relevant keyword. Your business will also appear on Google Maps making it easier to find your business for a prospective buyer.
• Get a listing on Yahoo – Works just like the Google business listing and allows people to find your business easily through Yahoo.
• Promote your blogs – If you have a blog and are posting regularly make sure to share them on social networking sites like Facebook, Google+ and even on social bookmarking sites like Technorati, Delicious.
• Review sites – Ask your customers to write reviews to various different review sites like Ask Laila, Burrp, MouthShut, etc. A lot of people search review sites before deciding to buy new products or services.
• Forums – There are many forums available where people ask for recommendations for products and services in different fields. Try and become a regular member on these forums and you can provide helpful answers to members’ questions as long as you don’t push your products too much.
• LinkedIn – Create a LinkedIn account for yourself and take a look at the questions and answers section on the site. You can answer these questions truthfully and who knows you might just generate a few leads through being helpful.
The above are a few ways that you can advertise your business to the world through the internet. You don’t have to invest money for them; all you have to do is invest your time wisely to get your business out there. Do you have any ideas on how to market your business on the web for free? Then do share them with us in the comments.