Mobile devices have truly revolutionized how we transact and conduct business. 66% of users will not return to a desktop site if the website does not load properly on a mobile device. This just one of the reasons for small businesses to implement mobile strategies and to be mobile-first.
A mobile-first approach will allow your company’s details and services to be accessible through apps, mobile sites and by adding this technology to all core business operations. With key Mobile Strategies, mobile security has improved significantly and the use of Mobile Device Management (MDM) has provided several benefits to small businesses.
MDM has improved workforce productivity by 46%, backup/disaster recovery by 40%, the ability to deploy apps by 34% and reduced management costs by 33%.
Here’s four reasons why your business should be mobile-first:
- Keep a focus: Mobile gives you the ability to cut all the unnecessary details on your website. With mobile strategies, it allows you to provide notifications to those that participate on social media and communicate the news that matters to your business. This will force you to reduce unimportant information and center your approach to what affects your business.
- Mobile Site is the new norm: Since mobile sites have moved out of the early stages of development, there is still enough of space to experiment. Ensure your website is mobile responsive and that it has all the features and functions as the desktop version.
- Increase innovation: Now with mobile sites being the norm, businesses can use them to provide new offerings and find ways to increase revenue. Mobile strategies will help your business remain fresh and increase your interaction with customers.
- Be ahead of the curve: By moving to a mobile-first approach, your small business can take on the competition and boost mobile interactions. This will help you connect better with your customers and build a better mechanism to engage with prospective buyers.
With a mobile-centric approach you can:
- Boost sales: 55% of mobile app developers expressed that their app was designed to improve sales. Mobile Apps offer a more convenient way to review and sell to customers at any time and from anywhere. With apps, your small business can alert customers about deals, products, and events.
- Enhance customer experience: With apps, your customers can now access information about your business at their fingertips. This includes a constant need to improve the customer experience.
- Target specific markets: Your small business needs to have a strong presence on mobile devices to take on a particular market. This is only possible if you can understand what works well with your customers and localize it for that particular segment. This will help in implementing internal apps to make operations run more smoothly.
- Create a fan following: With a sustained effort on your mobile-first approach you are sure to gather a fan following trusted and loyal customers that would push their friends to buy your products. In a sense, this would boost your sales, create a bigger supply chain mechanism for increased demand and allow you to pinpoint transactions and automate in a way that reduces losses and keeps your customer happy.
With a mobile-first approach, your small business is on its way to gain loyal customers and have a distinctive website. Being mobile-ready, your business can enhance your customer’s overall online experience with your business. This way you can continue to innovate and focus on your business goals and continue to send and receive notifications that nurture your small business.