Social Media has, undoubtedly, captured the pulse of the masses when it comes to online marketing, but that is no reason to write off emails yet. Emails are still an extremely effective marketing tool. In recent times, the market has been inundated with email marketing service providers. Their software involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
Why will your small business use Email Tools?
For a small business that has a very small customer base, it wouldn’t make much sense to use an email marketing software. But as your business grows and you rope in more customers, such tools become imperative for the growth.
• Promotional Campaigns: To acquire new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, e.g. on the occasion of seasonal or off-season sales, the arrival of fresh stock, etc.
• Reinforcing Relationships: To enhance your relationship with your current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, e.g. sending seasonal greetings, important dates (birthdays, anniversaries), etc.
• Receiving Feedback: To get direct customer feedback, these tools can be quite handy.
The salient features of email marketing tools:
Web-based email marketing software help small businesses get better results with their permission-based email communications free of cost. Let’s read more about what they can offer to small businesses.
Segmentation You can segment your list based on engagement, location, social stats, spending habits, of your customers so you can tailor your message to the people reading it.
• Also, it’s easier to target your subscribers based on interest and frequency requests. Tracking Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
• These tools help in tracking in real-time by tracking opens, clicks, sales, etc, nurturing contacts and staying in touch with customers. • An exact ROI can be tracked and has proven to be high when done properly.
• Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have consented to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them.
Social Media Connectivity With the help of these tools, you can also expand the reach of your messages by sharing it on social networks like Facebook and Twitter for free.
File Hosting They allow you to upload and store as many photos and files as you want and that too free of charge.
Data Security and Privacy They keep data secure with stringent password requirements, monitored logins, and security questions.
Online Support In case you stumble upon something you don’t understand, many of them provide free web/life and chat support, personal coaching, and online training through free webinars, demo videos, etc.
Customize You can customize your mailers, sign-up forms etc.using standard templates that these tools provide.
A word of Caution: Before you consider the use of an email marketing program, just must make sure that your program does not violate spam laws or the Internet service provider’s acceptable use policy.
Examples of some of the most popular Email Marketing Tools: http://www.aweber.com/ http://mailchimp.com/ http://www.pinpointe.com/ http://www.icontact.com/ Undoubtedly, with the use of readily available email marketing tools, sending email newsletters have ceased to be a headache. It’s a delightful experience for both the business and its subscribers.