In a previous post, we discussed how to make your Website more interactive, here we look at the particular feature of Live Chat for your Website and how it can benefit your business. One of the advantages Small Businesses have over large brands is that they are able to provide personalized service to their customers.
As a Small Business Owner you may vary of the use of technology as you feel this might take away the human element that is essential in the success of your business but read on to discover how Live Chat can boost your business:
1. Convenience for Customers Live Chat allows consumers to continue their other tasks while interacting with your sales or customer representative. It does not block a huge amount of their time like phone calls or call centers to do, when they need an issue resolved. Live chat service is also a free service for consumers to access making it much more appreciated than phone interactions that cost them money.
2. Written Record With Online Chat you have an online written record of the consumer’s interaction with your business. This will prove beneficial in training new staff, clarifying situations in real-time and you will have written proof of the conversation in case any dispute arises.
3. Relevant Conversations With Live Chat you can have highly relevant conversations at the right time with the right consumer. As the consumer is already on your website, it is safe to assume that they are interested in your product or service but need clarification before making a purchase. You can train your staff to serve the dual purpose of customer support and cross-selling.
4. Low on Cost When compared to the high cost of call center, Live Chat allows you to train your staff in-house to handle queries. They can answer consumer questions while they work on other tasks. The key to the success of this system is to ensure that their productivity does not suffer due to the additional service of Live Chat.
5. Know Your Consumer The feature Live Chat gives you the opportunity to know your consumer better through the data you are able to collect from them. The analysis of this data will enable you to better streamline your operations, target your consumer better, plan and execute your marketing campaigns more effectively.
With Live Chat, you can find out important information like which referring link consumers used to enter your site, their location, and demographics, the time spent on the website and on particular project pages. If you think that live chat as a strategy will work for your business, here are the first steps you need to take:
• Train your staff
• Find additional staff or freelancers to take over during non-business hours
• Add the human element to consumer service
• Hire those with sales experience to be trained in customer support
• Get Social so consumers can share their experiences
• Find the right technology partner Follow these simple guidelines and you will have a viable live chat system in place for your business in no time.