What’s not to love about a national observance dedicated to making someone else feel good? It doesn’t take much to show your appreciation for another person, whether it’s a friend, a family member, a fellow entrepreneur or even a stranger. This is a perfect day to do something nice for your community, too. Below are just a few ideas for getting your generosity juices flowing. Check out our list, and then add to it with your great ideas!
- Bring coffee and pastries to your favorite small business
- Pick up trash while you stroll in your ‘hood
- Pay it forward (literally) by putting extra time on a parking meter
- Bring some fresh-cut flowers to someone you do business with – the UPS store, your accountant, your dog walker …
- At the tollbooth, cover the charge for the car behind you
- Take a day away from business and volunteer in your community garden, at a local school or in the public library
- Treat your team to lunch or take everyone out for ice cream!
- Offer a flash “Do Something Nice Day” sale – now that’s nice!
- Write a sweet appreciation email (or, better yet, a hand-written card) to someone who deserves to be thanked
- Enjoy the warm glow that comes from making someone else feel good. It’s nice for you, too!
QB Community members, what’s the nicest thing a customer or client has done for you? Tell us why it meant so much to you!
Want to weigh in but not yet a QB Community member? Click HERE to sign up in a flash!