We're sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Online isn't the right fit for you, we want to help you find the right tools. Here's how to cancel your subscription or trial.
Cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription
The steps for cancelling QuickBooks Online depend on where you signed up for your subscription. If you signed up through a mobile app store, you’ll need to go to your app store to cancel.
Follow the steps based on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Cancel an account purchased online, directly from Intuit
- Open a web browser on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin user.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Account and settings.
- Go to the Billing & Subscription tab.
Note: if you don't see the Billing and Subscription tab, then you bought QuickBooks through a mobile app store. See the steps for your device below.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel subscription or Cancel online. If you're cancelling a trial, select Cancel trial.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Cancel a suspended subscription
If your account is suspended, you need to resubscribe and reactivate it before you can cancel. We'll also automatically cancel your subscription after three failed attempts to charge your payment method.
Learn what happens to your data after you cancel
When you log in to the Company Selection page, you can view the expired files under Cancelled Companies.