Depending on how you run your business, you can either create a balance forward or an open item statement.
- Balance Forward - represents a particular time frame, usually a month. For example, most credit card statements.
- Open Item Statement - shows all open transactions regardless of the date range.
Creating a balance forward or an open item statement
To create a balance forward or an open item statement for your customer:
- From the left menu, select Sales, and select Customers.
- Mark the box beside the name of the customer.
- From the Batch actions drop-down, choose Create statements.(Note: You can also select Create statement from the drop-down in the Action column.)
- From the Statement Type drop-down, choose Balance Forward or Open Item.
- Change the dates if necessary.
- If you want to check or print the statement, select Print or Preview at the bottom. If you want to save it, select Save and send or Save and close.
Now you're able to create a balance forward and an open item statement.