Learn how to undo reconciliations for your clients. This is only available for QuickBooks Online Accountant.
As a ProAdvisor or QuickBooks Online Accountant user, you have a special reconciliation tool. If one of your clients needs to edit several transactions on a past reconciliation, it’s sometimes best to start over from the beginning. Follow these steps to undo the entire reconciliation and get a fresh start.
Alternatively, you can also edit individual transactions on a reconciliation.
How to undo a reconciliation
|Important: This is a powerful tool. Be careful editing older reconciliations. Undoing a reconciliation also undoes all following reconciliations after the Reconciled on date.
If your client reconciles their transaction account every month and you undo a reconciliation from three months ago, you’ll also undo the following two months.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Go to your Clients list.
- Find your customer and open their QuickBooks Online account.
Now that you’re in their company file:
- Go to the Accounting menu.
- Select the Reconcile tab.
- Select History by account.
- Select the account you want to reconcile and date range from the drop-down menus.
- Find the reconciliation on the list.
- If you haven’t already, select View report to open the Reconciliation Report. Review any discrepancies and changes your client wants to make.
- When you’re ready, select the arrow in the Action column, and then select Undo.
- Select Yes and then Undo to confirm.
You and your client are now ready to redo the reconciliation.