We refer to all taxes as tax. You'll see the taxes that apply for your locale (such as VAT, GST, state, provincial, and so on).
If you haven't yet created a tax rate for your business, do that first, and then you can view and manage your tax rates.
- From the Menu ☰, select Settings, then select Tax Rates. (If this is your first time, you'll see an introductory screen: select Add tax rate to get started.)
- Select +, then select Single tax rate or Combined tax rate.
- Enter information about the tax rate:
- For a Single tax rate, add a Sales tax name, Agency, and Rate, and then select Done.
- For a Combined rate, add a Sales tax name, Component, Agency, and Rate, and then select Done. (Combined sales tax rates can include new and existing rates.)
- Select Combined tax rate if your tax agency makes you break down this tax into multiple parts, such as city, county, and state taxes.