Learn how to enter a single timesheet in your QuickBooks Online.
This is useful for your business for entering or editing a single day or event at a time. If you need to enter a weekly timesheet, get more help here.
|Note: Timesheets only allow a single hourly rate. If you need to enter multiple hourly rates, you can sign up for a QBO Payroll subscription.|
What you should do?
- Go to the Create ⨁ icon, then Single time activity.
- Enter the date the activity occurred in the Date field. Note: The current date is automatically entered on the date field, but you can change it if necessary.
- From the drop-down, choose the name of the employee or supplier.
- For each type of activity, enter an activity line:
- Choose a customer from the drop-down if you want to bill the activity to the customer or track expenses for the customer.
- Complete the following optional fields. Note: If you don't see the fields, they are turned off. You can turn them on by going to your Account and settings.
- Service: If you use the services to enter time, choose a service that represents the activity.
- Enter a description of the activity. Note: if the activity is billed to a customer, the description appears on their invoice, depending on your company settings. Text for the description appears automatically if you select an item from the optional Service field.
- Tap the Billable checkbox if you want to bill the activity to the customer. Enter a rate per hour. Note: Turn on this option, Go to the Gear icon, then tap the Make time activities billable checkbox.
- Enter the number of hours and minutes worked in the Time field. Note: Tap the Enter start and end times checkbox to enter the work started, ended and the amount of time taken for Break.
- Select Save.