Before your client submits a review, it is important that they know these guidelines to prevent them from getting their reviews rejected. Share these review guidelines to your clients to help them successfully submit a review.
Any reviews containing the following items will be rejected:
- Foul or discriminatory language
- Defamatory reviews or any character attacks
- Inclusion of specific pricing
- Web links to other sites
- Reviews from non-clients
- Reviews from other ProAdvisors
- Personal information (for example, reviewer's name, phone number, or email address)
If we reject a review, we notify the reviewer by email (usually within 7-15 days) with the reasons why. They may resubmit the review with the necessary changes.
Ensuring authentic reviews
To distinguish between authentic reviews and those that aren't, our system takes a number of factors into account. However, sometimes a genuine review can get rejected. There's no way to bring back a rejected review.
To prevent your clients' reviews from rejection, be mindful of the following guidelines when soliciting reviews from your clients:
- Don't ask clients to write reviews on a shared computer.
Reviews from shared computers may be rejected by our system. Encourage your clients to write reviews from their own homes or offices instead.
- Don't submit reviews on behalf of your clients.
If you want your profile to feature a review your client wrote on another site, in an email, or offline, ask your client to submit the review themselves. If it appears that you're writing a review, our system will reject it.
- Don't provide pre-written reviews.
Encourage your clients to write reviews using their own wording and language.