What software can be converted?
We can convert the Australian versions of the below software:
- Reckon Accounts for Business 2015 or earlier (.qbb or .qbw file type)
- Reckon Accounts Hosted
- Reckon QuickBooks 2009 or later (.qbb or .qbw file type)
- MYOB AccountEdge V14 and earlier (.myo file type)
- MYOB AccountRight Premier V19 and earlier (.myo file type)
- MYOB AccountRight Live V2012-2015 (.myox file type)
- Xero (excluding Xero US version)
We only convert to the Australian version of QuickBooks Online Essentials and QuickBooks Online Plus.
How does the process work?
Your data is converted to QuickBooks Online in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the conversion form including your contact details and name of the company you wish to convert,
- Select the current software package you’d like to convert from (either upload a backup copy or provide us with your existing login details) and tell us how many years of data you’d like converted,
- Provide us the login details of the QuickBooks Online file you’d like the data uploaded into or we can create a new one on your behalf.
When your conversion is complete, you’ll be asked to review the converted data and to complete the post conversion tasks and reconciliation process. Once you’ve completed these steps and you’ve confirmed acceptance of your converted data file, we’ll assign ownership of the file back to you. Should you have any questions about the post conversion tasks, our Customer Care team are ready to help.
What information do you need from me to start the conversion process?
- Your details
- Your previous data file, including login credentials, if applicable
- Your QuickBooks Online file ( Know more )
- You can bring your own file
- Or, we can create it for you
How long will it take to transfer my data?
We will aim to complete your conversion within three to five working days of receiving your data file, although it is often much faster than that.
How will my business data be used?
When you send us your business data, we simply convert it to QuickBooks Online format. We don't review it in detail; share it with anyone outside our business; or use it for anything else.
How will my business data be protected?
As long as you use the online form to upload your data to Intuit Data Services, it will be protected using the industry standard SSL encryption. Data is removed from our servers promptly after you have uploaded, and we store a copy on our local servers during conversion. Post conversion we move your data to a secure offline storage where it is encrypted. It is best practice to also suggest you have a password on your source data file.
How much does the service cost?
Intuit data Services offers to move your data free of cost.
What data will be converted?
We will transfer the following data to QuickBooks Online:
- Customer details
- Supplier details
- Chart of accounts
- Account balances
- Customer balances
- Supplier balances
- Items list
- Historical transactions
What data will not be converted?
We only currently convert the core accounting information and not the following types of data:
- Memorised transactions and client banking details
- Invoice and other templates
- Sales orders (applies to QuickBooks only)
- Payroll records
- Negative stock
Can I request to convert my payroll records?
Basic employee information such as name, DOB, address, phone number and email will be migrated to QuickBooks Online without charge.
I've already signed up for QuickBooks Online. Can I move my data to that account?
Yes. If you have an existing QuickBooks Online file you would like us to move your data in to, please invite us to that file.
Are there any specific transaction handling?
There are certain transaction types that QuickBooks Online does not allow us to convert. We have to use transaction type Journal Entry for the following items:
- Funds transfers
- Payroll payments
- Inventory Adjustment
- Receive money (applies to MYOB only)
I did not request conversion of some old data but I can see it in the QuickBooks Online file
The data importing process will transfer all compatible data existing in your provided file to QuickBooks Online. However, we will only validate (check and correct) data for the range you have requested. We advise you to keep a backup of relevant data to have history of transactions prior to conversion date.
What are the post conversion tasks?
There are a few simple tasks you will need to complete inside QuickBooks before starting your day-to-day use. Don't worry though, we will guide you through these steps when you get there!
- Confirming company settings. Although we are able to move your accounting figures into QuickBooks, we don't carry over information like company name, address and email details. You will need to update these fields.
- Reconciling bank transactions. We are unable to mark bank transactions as reconciled during our conversion process. Once your conversion is complete, you will need to mark the bank transactions as reconciled, leaving only the unpresented items as unreconciled and agreeing with the statement balance.
- Confirming GST details and BAS lodgement periods. If your business is registered for GST, you will need to confirm the ABN, lodging frequency and GST details. Business Activity Statements for earlier periods may need to be "lodged" in QuickBooks, to make sure that old transactions do not appear in the next BAS report. You should check the first BAS you produce in QuickBooks carefully, to ensure that the numbers are as you would expect.
We'll take care of transferring your existing data to QuickBooks Online using simple processes. All your transactions can be automatically transferred without the need for any manual input. So you can pick up exactly where you left off - quickly and effortlessly.