This article outlines important changes to the GST Centre Dashboard in QuickBooks Online for Australia.
Current GST Centre Dashboard Experience
The GST Centre Dashboard in QuickBooks Online is the starting off point to help you stay on top of your BAS lodgements.
- The GST Summary at the top of dashboard displays the current open period running balance, collected sales, purchases paid, and adjustments recorded.
- The GST Settings menu enables users to view/edit GST settings, and View Reports hosts quick links to all GST related reporting.
- Under Next BAS to lodge QuickBooks will display the next open lodgement period and status, the Prepare BAS button will initiate the BAS lodgement process.
- Under Lodged BAS QuickBooks will display all historical lodgements made in QuickBooks Online to date, including BAS Summary and Amendment reports on the far right for each lodgement.
- Under the Payments tab QuickBooks lists all GST payments recorded against existing lodgements.
While this experience caters for most Australian small businesses, we have made some important updates to the GST dashboard that are rolling out right now, and are explained in detail below.
Updated GST Centre Dashboard Experience
The updated GST Centre dashboard has been updated to simplify the To do tab, list historical lodgements on the new History tab, and list tax payments on the Payments tab.
- On the simplified To do tab GST reports are now always accessible from the top right hand corner, and we've reduced the information displayed to help customers focus on what needs to happen next.
- The GST Summary at the top will display figures related to GST only, including GST due, GST collected, and GST paid.
- Run reports in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard holds all GST related reports, which will default to the current GST period based on today's date.
- The Settings menu has been renamed and has been updated to include GST settings, Edit rates, and Add Group Rates.
- On the To do tab, QuickBooks will show activity statements lodged but not paid.
- Under the To lodge section (formerly Next BAS to lodge) QuickBooks will list the next immediate activity statement to lodge, including the Business Activity Statement (BAS) or Installment Activity Statement (IAS).
- The Prepare IAS/BAS button kicks off our completely new lodgement experience.
- The To pay section will list lodgements made in QuickBooks that do not yet have payments applied, the Record Payment enables users to quickly record a tax payment against an activity statement with easy access to lodgement specific reporting as well.
- The History tab displays all activity statements lodged in QuickBooks that have been paid, enabling users to view the lodgement details, whether it was lodged electronically with the ATO, and run Summary, Detail and Amendment reports against that lodgement.
- The Payments tab displays all tax payments made against lodgements in QuickBooks to date, and also enables users to delete tax payments if necessary.