Please Note: From March 2018, QuickBooks will start rolling out a new GST experience. This will happen gradually over a period of time. While in the GST Centre If you can see View reports, you are in the classic experience, if you can see Run Reports, you are on the new experience. Please follow the relevant steps below based on the GST experience you are in.
- Click GST in the left hand menu
- Click Set up GST.
- Complete the form
- Enter your ABN
- The starting month for your current GST Period
- Your GST method (Cash or Accural)
- Your GST lodging Frequency
- Click Set up
You Can also turn on other applicable taxes such as PAYG Installment method, Wine Equalisation, Fringe Benefit, Fuel Tax Credits and Luxury Car Tax.
- Select GST in the left hand menu
- Select Get Started
- Select which Taxes you pay and how often
- Select Show other taxes to add additional taxes
- Select Save and Finish
- Select Done