Please Note: In March 2018 QuickBooks will start rolling out a new GST experience. This will happen gradually over a period of time. If you can see View reports, you are in the classic experience or if you can see Run Reports, you are on the new experience. Please follow the relevant steps below based on the GST experience you are in.
- Select GST in the left-hand menu
- Select the Payments tab
- Select Record PAYG Payment on the right-hand side
- Fill out required details
- Click Save
Your payment has now been recorded for this particular month.
- Select GST on the left hand menu
- Under To lodge, select Prepare IAS
- If required, enter in other PAYG withholdings
- Click Next
- Enter the PAYGI amount
- If required, add adjustments
- Select Next
- If Summary is correct, Click Mark as Lodged
Your payments have now been recorded for this period. Don’t forget to file your BAS directly with ATO!