QuickBooks Online has got you covered when it comes to making custom invoices, quotes, and sales receipts that wow your customers.
|On this page, you will find instructions on how to personalise the details, layout, email content, and templates for your QuickBooks Online invoices, quotes, and sales receipts.
|Your quotes or invoices will look different depending on whether you have the old or new quote and invoice experience. Find out which experience you have.
Customise the look and info on your forms
Customise invoices and quotes with the new layout
The new version of invoices and quotes lets you personalise forms while creating them. All the tools are on the form itself.
Note that any changes or additions to your invoices or quotes will be applied to existing and future ones. Edits to company info will also change it everywhere in QuickBooks.
Here’s how to customise invoices:
- To customise invoices:
- Go to Sales, then select Invoices (Take me there).
- Select Create invoice to create a new invoice. Or, to edit an existing one, find the invoice from the list and select View/Edit from the dropdown ▼ under the Action column.
- To customise quotes:
- Go to Sales, then select Customers (Take me there).
- Select a customer, then select Quote from the New transaction dropdown ▼ to create a new quote. Or, to edit an existing one, find a quote from the list and select View/Edit from the dropdown ▼ under the Action column.
- To update your company info, select Edit company on the form. Make changes as needed, and then select Save.
- To edit your company logo, select the logo on the form. Then select an image from your computer, and select Open to update the logo.
- To add or remove fields, change the colour scheme, or turn on payments on invoices, select Manage ⚙, if not selected already.
- Select the dropdown ▼ for each section to see customisation options.
- Choose what info displays on your form by turning the switches on or off. The form preview updates as you make changes.
- Select Payment options or Discounts and Fees to customise payment options, or turn them off.
Note: Payment processing is an add-on service.
- Optionally, in case of invoices, select Automation to set up a Recurring invoice.
Note: This option takes you to the recurring invoice form.
- When you're finished customising, select Save.
|Have any other questions for our team?
If any of your questions were left unanswered, we'd love to hear them!
Pop over to our QuickBooks Community's discussion on invoicing where you can ask your questions, have them answered by qualified QuickBooks Online experts, and hopefully help others with the same questions out in the process.