Set up your QuickBooks Online clients with a QuickBooks Time account to help their business track time. You can also consider joining the 12,000+ QuickBooks Time PROs for free, to offer your clients discounts on QuickBooks Time, and more.
Note: Before setting up your client's QuickBooks Time account, you must have the team members set up in your client's QuickBooks account. If they're not, do so before completing the following steps.
Add QuickBooks Time to a client’s QuickBooks Online Account
- If you haven't already, sign in to QuickBooks Accountant.
- At the top, select Client Apps and choose a client to connect to QuickBooks Time.
- Select Find an app.
- Locate QuickBooks Time Tracking, and select it.
- Select Get App Now.
- Under Install for Your Client, select the drop-down, locate the client, and select it.
- Select a billing type, then at the lower right, select Install.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Time PRO account.
- Choose to Create a new QuickBooks Time client account or Link to an existing customer account, then select Next.
- In the Payroll Settings window, select pay period and overtime settings and then Next.
- In the What do you want to track? window, select items to import into QuickBooks Time and then Next.
- In the You are now connected to QuickBooks Time window, select Go to QuickBooks Time. You are now in your client's QuickBooks Time account.
- Designate an account admin and invite them:
- Go to My Team.
- Locate the account admin, and select their name.
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Next to User Type, select Administrator > Save.
- Select the General tab, and at the right of the email, select Send Invite. The client will receive an email invitation to start using QuickBooks Time. You will receive an email when your client accepts the invitation.